I am absolutely going to be doing this: Make your own glasses from bottles!
(credit to the photographers of these repurposed glass bottles. Gabe Tiano Photography, Bernie Tiano and Leslie Tiano)
1. Braid three pieces of yarn together and wrap it around the bottle tightly, tying it together and cutting the ends.
2. Slide the yarn off the bottle, making sure it doesn’t come undone. Soak the circle of yarn into nail polish remover for a few seconds until the yarn has fully absorbed it.
3. Slide the wet yarn back onto the bottle, positioning it exactly where you want the cut to take place.
4. Hold the bottle from the opening sideways and CAREFULLY set the yarn on fire. Only the yarn will set on fire and the flame will be well-controlled.
5. Rotate the bottle as you burn the yarn for about 30 seconds so it burns evenly.
6. After you are done burning the yarn, hold both ends of the bottle, submerge it into the ice-water in the sink and the parts will separate.
7. Sand down the rough edges of the bottle so that it is completely smooth and safe to drink from.
8. Pour yourself a drink, sit back, and enjoy. 😉